Blogger Layouts
I will give you a new heart, and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone, and give you a heart of flesh.

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

GOD IS GOOD!

I can't see how it has already been over a year since my transplant and since I have posted anything on here. 
I apologize for the lapse nin time. 
I have been blessed more than I can even really comprehend in my human mind.  I do not think that I will ever be able to understand the magnitude of the gift that I was given from my donor and from my LORD.
I remember many times praying when it would all end and when I would finally receive "my" heart. Or why this had to happen to me.  I have had many pity parties over the past few years especially when I was waiting.

I know now that I was sinning in doing this.  How DARE I question God's will for my life...doesn't his word tell us over and over again that he knows what we need more than we do, and if we would only trust in HIM and His word that we would be rewarded??

Proverbs 3:5-7
Trust in the Lord with all of your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.
Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord and shun evil.
This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones.

I think that this verse has some added meaning to me than before.  I used to stop at the end of verse 6, but why would I do that, if I keep on going it tells me to not try and know it all, do not try and fix it all.  Do not be woe is me!!!!  Trust in the Lord fear Him..this is what my body needs, it is what is nourishment to my physical and spiritual self.

I have had a good year, better than many in the past..only a few hospital trips and those were only a day or two at a time. So much better.
I will tell you what made me come to here today and start again, is the slap in the face of reality.....I had  a good friend of mine that I met through Facebook while I was sick.  She had a heart transplant in May of 2010.  Megan was such a loving spirit, any time I had a wuestion or jut needed to be woe is me, she was always there to listen..and offer advice.
We talked very often, she was so excited with me when I was finally placed on the list in 2010. 
She and I would chat on Facebook when I would be inthe hospital.  (everytime)

Well yesterday my friend Megan went to be with our Lord.  She left behind her very young daughter Audri, and her fiance Al.  My heart breaks for them at their loss.  I am also heartbroken for my loss.  She was such a sweet soul.  She will be greatly missed.  I know that God had a hand in us meeting on Facebook, and I know that she is with him tonight. 

I know that Megan heard "well done my good and faithful servant".
I WILL SEE MY FRIEND AGAIN! 

I will not let it go another year..I think I need this more than any of the ones reading it does..so until next time..
Brandy

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear about Megan. She is completely healed now and must be rejoicing with the Lord. I will pray for her little girl and fiance.

    Your post encouraged me. Thank you for writing, and I feel the same way - a lot of times I feel like my blog is more for me than anyone else...it holds me accountable to get in God's Word and write down my thoughts. :)

    Praising God with you for a great year you've had and praying for another great year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. - the featured family on A Meal in the Mail this month have 5 kids who all need heart transplants. Their blog is http://jasonandstacybingham.blogspot.com/

      Delete