Blogger Layouts
I will give you a new heart, and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone, and give you a heart of flesh.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Another Hospital Trip

I am once again writing to everyone about another hospital stay.
I really pray that those of you who read this do not think that I am always doom and gloom, but I am just trying to keep you all updated.

So I was not feeling well again for a few days, I was having chest pain that did not seem to cease. It is a dull pain, but at times it can get worse, especially when I take deep breaths. So I called my dr. and he told me that he wanted me to come in for 24 hr observation.

Wendy (my lovely friend) took me to the hospital, and sat with me while I waited to get admitted and my room.
She also let me hold her fingers and squeeze as hard as I wanted while they put the IV in.. Have I mentioned that I love her dearly..Oh how God is great when he chooses our friends!!!!

So IV is in, now it was time to start getting tests run to see if they could find what was causing the pain...
ECG.......X-RAY......BLOOD WORK.......ECHO......

While I waited for the dr to come in and let me know what he thought I had visits from Travis, my mom, and another wonderful dear God given friend Sarah. (she is such an inspiration for me to live life with GOD in charge and to trust HIM always).I love her dearly also!!!!!!

So around 4:20pm Dr. Kar came in and told me that unfortunately, he could not see what was causing the pain, everything looked normal (well no different than the abnormal it already is).
He said that there could be inflammation of the heart around some of my leads, but the inflammation is so minimal that the ECHO did not pick it up.
He said that he could do a CT Scan to determine where and how bad the inflammation is, but that he did not want to subject me to any radiation if he absolutely did not have to...
So he prescribed me some Hydrocodone with and anti-inflammatory to help with pain and the inflammation.
If the pain continues, I have to contact him and he will schedule the CT....

He told me that we will continue to keep the appointment for the stress test on the 10th of September.

I want to thank everyone for the prayers!!!!
I do not think you will ever know how much I appreciate them all!!!!!

My flesh and my heart may fail,
but GOD is the strength of my heart
and my portion FOREVER.
Psalm 73:26

3 comments:

  1. I love you, too girl! So sorry you had to go through yet another hospital stay. I don't know what God's trying to teach you, but I trust His plans. Reminds me of the childrens song:
    He's still working on me,
    To make me what I ought to be.
    Took him just a week to make the moon and the stars,
    The sun and the earth and Jupiter and Mars,
    How lovely and precious I must be!
    Cause He's still working on me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sarah....you are absolutely right... thank you for always being able to help me bounce back from a "down" mood..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw Brandy! So sorry you had to endure another trip to the hospital. Glad you are home and hope you are feeling better. (It was probably our visit that did it...just kidding!!).

    ReplyDelete