Blogger Layouts
I will give you a new heart, and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone, and give you a heart of flesh.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Decisions, Decisions....

Well I wanted to thank all of you for your prayers, as I had told you before, I had a dr visit on have a stress test and to see the dr to go over the test results, and decide what the next step would be.

I got there and the admissions office told me that I was not scheduled for a stress test that day and that I was supposed to have been there on Thurdsay at 11:45. If you know me you know that I was immediatley upset..butI prayed and calmed down, it was somehow a mix up with the app desk and my dr's office. But they where able to work me in at 9.

The test went fine, I was dissappointed in myself as the last time ( a year ago) when I took this same test I was able to complete the whole thing, but this time I could not even get 10 seconds into the 2nd phase.

On the way over to the dr appointment Travis reminded me that I was not trying to run a marathon, and that it was OK that I had not done the entire made me feel better anyway.

When Dr. Kar got in there he asked me how long I was able to last on the test, and I told him and he said that he was not suprised.
So he told me that he was going to give us 2 options to think about...
1) Heart Transplant
2) LVAD Pump
He told me that if I was older he would have already had me on the list...but given that I am so young he wants to prolong the transplant as long as he can.
He did not say which one he would "prefer" that we do, just that he would be behind us 100%.

So this is the decision we are now looking at...Travis has told me that he would like me to get the pump, but that it is my decision and I have to be the one to live with therefore it is up to me and he will support me either way.

I am going to go to the clinic this Thursday and talk to some patients that currently have the pump and see what they like and what they do not like...just to get a little information from someone who has been through this.

Also I have been in contact with the Bionic Bride.. and she and I have been talking. I am going to meet with her on the following Thursday.. cause wouldn't you know it..GOD has an awesome way of bringing people together.. She and I both go to the same clinic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I ask that everyone pray as we look for guidance in this decision.. I am leaning towards the pump, but this is still a very serious surgery, and I do not want to make the wrong decision.

Though my flesh and my heart may fail, God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 72:26

1 comment:

  1. What a hard decision to make. I'm joining you (just like so many others!) in asking God to give you direction. Hope today goes well.