Blogger Layouts
I will give you a new heart, and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone, and give you a heart of flesh.

Friday, September 24, 2010

Whats Next?

Well I had my appointment today, I do not know what made me think that it was even possible to walk in there and here the dr say..."you know we think that actually your heart is doing better than we thought, so for now we are just going to stick to the meds". That did not happen! BUMMER!!!!!!!

So last year when I had the stress test done the dr said that he was looking for a certain number. (I guess the test takes into considerations a lot of things about me and then they run the test and see how my heart reacts to all of it).
So last year he told me that if the test came back with a 14 or below we would look at doing something... it came back at 15-17...this was fairly good. He said that he was hoping that we could get a year or two out of this heart without having to do anything just yet.

So this year I take the test and he tells me that my level was 11. So my heart has deteriorated a lot faster than what he was hoping for. He said that the test is actually forcing him to go ahead and do SOMETHING.

They have already submitted the info to the insurance co. and we are just waiting to hear back from them to get started. So next week I will begin a battery of tests so that they can place me on the transplant list, and then about the 3rd week in October he is going to be putting in the pump as long as all of my pressures are in the right range. (he will check this the day before the surgery, so we will not know for sure until that day).

I know that this is a lot of information, believe me I am feeling a little overwhelmed myself!!!!!
I am trusting that the Lord has a purpose in this and that I am obedient to his calling! I ask him for strength, as this is really hard and scary to be facing.
Talk to you all soon!

1 comment:

  1. It's definitely a lot to think about, isn't it? When I was trying to make the option whether to have a mastectomy or not, the doctors called and told me I didn't have an option-- that the cancer was too pervasive and I'd have to have the mastectomy. One of my friends told me that she thought that was just God showing me what the right choice was. Maybe this is like that. You got to choose between pump and transplant and now they're doing both. That sounds scary to us but maybe it's just God's way of taking control of the situation.

    ReplyDelete